At Toll Brothers, we know that a community is made up of more than houses, and that it is only as strong as the people in it. When we build a new community, we believe in adding something vital to the area, something that measurably contributes to the lives within the community in a positive and dynamic way. We take our social responsibility to heart, and we believe in corporate community responsibility. That's why each member of our team takes an active role in giving back to the neighborhoods we build. This commitment is given life through Toll Brothers' ongoing involvement in local community organizations.
Although Toll Brothers focuses on the individuals within each of our communities, we are a national company – our communities are home to thousands of people in many regions of the country. With this in mind, we contribute to major regional and national organizations – such as the American Cancer Society, Habitat for Humanity, American Red Cross, March of Dimes, and others – among other corporate charities.
Toll Brothers does more than just build houses – we build communities.
Present-Year Contributions of Note
In addition to encouraging and supporting the generous number of donations and charitable works performed by our employees in offices and communities nationwide, Toll Brothers also contributes to a wide variety of larger causes as a company. Although the vast list of charities that Toll Brothers supports is ever-growing, the sampling below offers a glimpse of its unique diversity:
- The Annual Toll Brothers Gala – Now in its 22nd year, the Gala has so far raised more than $5 million dollars for the American Cancer Society, with all net proceeds going directly to research.
- Light the Night – Toll Brothers associates raised $70,364 companywide for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.
- Alex's Lemonade Stand Foundation – $49,935 was raised in 2013 (companywide) during National Lemonade Days.
- Movember – $40,768 was raised companywide (in just 30 days!) for the Prostate Cancer Foundation and Livestrong.
- Living Beyond Breast Cancer – $4,800 was raised during Breast Cancer Awareness Month in October 2013.
- Covenant House – Toll Brothers hosts an annual collection drive of clothing and home items; Toll Brothers associates participate in multiple endurance events and a "Sleep Out" in the streets of cities across the country.
- Operation Holidays from Home – 48 cartons of goody bags were sent to our 310 military adoptees.
- Toys for Tots – Over 800 toys were donated companywide.
Holiday Fund Contributions
Each year, Toll Brothers employees designate a holiday donation in their honor to their choice of charitable cause. In 2013, a total of $44,100 was donated to the following charities:
- Abington Memorial Hospital
- Abramson Cancer Center
- Alex's Lemonade Stand Foundation
- American Cancer Society
- American Diabetes Association
- American Heart Association
- American Red Cross
- Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
- Leukemia and Lymphoma Society
- National Multiple Sclerosis Society
Visit our Good Neighbors page to read about our local and special-interest charitable endeavors.