Click on a question below to read the answer.
- When does Toll Brothers' fiscal year end?
- When do the fiscal quarters end?
- When does Toll Brothers announce its quarterly earnings results?
- Does Toll Brothers sell stock directly to the public?
- Does Toll Brothers issue dividends or have a dividend re-investment (DRIP) program?
- Does Toll Brothers have a mailing list for financial information?
- What are Toll Brothers' corporate/senior credit ratings from the rating agencies?
- Who should I contact regarding my stock certificates? How do I change my address on my Toll Brothers stock certificate? Or change title on the stock?
- What is Toll Brothers' stock history?
- Where can I find a history of the Company's stock closing price?
- What is Toll Brothers' SIC Code?
- What is the Wall Street consensus concerning Toll Brothers' earnings, and how is it calculated?
- Where can I find information regarding the Company's financial projections?
- Which indices include Toll Brothers?
- What is Toll Brothers CUSIP number?
- What year was Toll Brothers incorporated and in what state?
- How many employees does Toll Brothers have?
- How many shares are outstanding?
- What products does Toll Brothers sell?
- What are the geographic markets in which Toll Brothers operates?
- How many years has Toll Brothers operated in its various states?
- What companies has Toll Brothers acquired?
- Who is Toll Brothers' registered public accounting firm?
- What public debt does Toll Brothers have outstanding?
- Who is the trustee on these notes?
When does Toll Brothers' fiscal year end?
Toll Brothers fiscal year ends on October 31st.
When do the fiscal quarters end?
- Fiscal Q1 ends January 31st.
- Fiscal Q2 ends April 30th.
- Fiscal Q3 ends July 31st.
- Fiscal Q4 ends October 31st.
When does Toll Brothers announce its quarterly earnings results?
- Fiscal Q1 results are generally announced in the last 10 days of February.
- Fiscal Q2 results are generally announced in the last 10 days of May.
- Fiscal Q3 results are generally announced in the last 10 days of August.
- Fiscal Q4 results are generally announced in the first 10 days of December.
Does Toll Brothers sell stock directly to the public?
We do not currently have a plan in place to sell stock directly to the public. From time to time, Toll Brothers reviews various plans for direct stock purchase. If a decision were made to launch such a program, the Company would publicize it and shareholders likely would find such information on our website.
Does Toll Brothers issue dividends or have a dividend re-investment (DRIP) program?
The Company’s Board of Directors approved the initiation of a quarterly cash dividend to shareholders. The first dividend of $0.08 per share will be paid on April 28, 2017 to shareholders of record on the close of business on April 14, 2017. Toll Brothers does not offer a dividend reinvestment program at this time.
Does Toll Brothers have a mailing list for financial information?
Yes. Toll Brothers has a mailing list for financial information. Also, for your convenience, the Investor Relations Department has made recent financial statements and all press releases available on our website. To add your name to our IR mailing list, you can fill out the "Investor Information Request" located on the Investor Relations page.
What are Toll Brothers' corporate / senior credit ratings from the rating agencies?
- Standard & Poor's rates Toll Brothers BB+.
- Moody's Investor Service rates Toll Brothers Ba1.
- Fitch Inc. rates Toll Brothers BBB-.
Who should I contact regarding my stock certificates? How do I change my address on my Toll Brothers stock certificate? Or change title on the stock?
American Stock Transfer and Trust Company
6201 15th Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11219
What is Toll Brothers' stock history?
Below is a history of Toll Brothers' stock splits. Toll Brothers trades on the New York Stock Exchange and the Pacific Exchange. Our Initial Public Offering (IPO) was July 8, 1986, at $12.50/share (approximately $1.04/share today, on a split-adjusted basis).
Description Date Market Price
Initial Public Offering 07/08/86 $12.50 3-for-2 Split 02/26/87 $27.75* 2-for-1 Split 04/20/87 $26.50* 2-for-1 Split 03/28/02 $49.85* 2-for-1 Split 07/08/05 $103.96*
*Closing price on the New York Stock Exchange.
Where can I find a history of the Company's stock closing price?
What is Toll Brothers ' SIC Code?
Toll Brothers, Inc. is listed under SIC Code #1531.
What is the Wall Street consensus concerning Toll Brothers' earnings and how is it calculated?
To calculate the Wall Street Consensus, approximately twenty Wall Street analysts submit their quarterly earnings estimates to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S, Zacks, First Call and other reporting agencies. As policy, we do not endorse these estimates. Information regarding current consensus estimates can be found on various Internet sites, such as Marketwatch.com.
Where can I find information regarding the Company's financial projections?
The Company provides financial guidance in its quarter earnings conference call. This information is posted on our website and is also filed with the SEC.
Which indices include Toll Brothers?
Toll Brothers is included in over 60 indices, among them are the S&P Mid Cap 400, the Russell 1000 and the Philadelphia Housing Index.
What is Toll Brothers' CUSIP number?
The CUSIP number for Toll Brothers' common stock is 889478103.
What year was Toll Brothers Incorporated and in what state?
Toll Brothers was incorporated in May 1986 and is a Delaware corporation. Prior to that time, the company operated through predecessor entities beginning in 1967. Brothers Robert I. Toll (Executive Chairman of the Board) and Bruce E. Toll co-founded the Company's predecessor operations in 1967. The Company went public in July 1986.
How many employees does Toll Brothers have?
At October 31, 2016 Toll Brothers had 4,200 full time employees nationwide.
How many shares are outstanding?
As of March 3, 2017 there were 162,603,000 shares of common stock outstanding.
What products does Toll Brothers sell?
Toll Brothers, Inc. is the nation's leading builder of luxury homes. The Company began business in 1967 and became a public company in 1986. Its common stock is listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol "TOL". The Company serves move-up, empty-nester, active-adult and second-home home buyers and operates in 20 states: Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Idaho, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Texas, Virginia, and Washington. The Company also operates in the District of Columbia.
Toll Brothers builds luxury single-family detached and attached home communities, master planned luxury residential resort-style golf communities and urban low-, mid- and high-rise communities, principally on land it develops and improves. The Company operates its own architectural, engineering, mortgage, title, land development and land sale, golf course development and management and landscape subsidiaries. The Company also operates its own lumber distribution, and house component assembly and manufacturing operations. Through its Gibraltar Capital and Asset Management joint venture, the Company provides builders and developers with land banking and joint venture capital. The Company acquires and develops commercial and apartment properties through Toll Brothers Apartment Living, Toll Brothers Campus Living, and the affiliated Toll Brothers Realty Trust, and develops urban low-, mid-, and high-rise for-sale condominiums through Toll Brothers City Living.
In 2017, Toll Brothers was named World's Most Admired Home Building Company in Fortune magazine's survey of the World's Most Admired Companies, the third year in a row it has been so honored. Toll Brothers was named 2014 Builder of the Year by Builder magazine, and is honored to have been awarded Builder of the Year in 2012 by Professional Builder magazine, making it the first two-time recipient. Toll Brothers proudly supports the communities in which it builds; among other philanthropic pursuits, the Company sponsors the Toll Brothers Metropolitan Opera International Radio Network, bringing opera to neighborhoods throughout the world. For more information, visit www.tollbrothers.com.
What are the geographic markets in which Toll Brothers operates?
Toll Brothers, Inc. currently operates in the following markets:
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania metropolitan area
- Lehigh Valley area of Pennsylvania
- Central and northern New Jersey
- Virginia and Maryland suburbs of Washington, D.C.
- District of Columbia
- Boston, Massachusetts, metropolitan area
- Fairfield, Hartford, and New Haven Counties, Connecticut
- Westchester, Dutchess, and Ulster Counties, New York
- Boroughs of Manhattan and Brooklyn in New York City
- Los Angeles, California, metropolitan area
- San Francisco Bay, Sacramento, and San Jose areas of northern California
- San Diego and Palm Springs, California areas
- Phoenix, Arizona, metropolitan area
- Raleigh and Charlotte, North Carolina, metropolitan areas
- Dallas, Houston, and Austin, Texas, metropolitan areas
- Southeast and southwest coasts and the Jacksonville and Orlando areas of Florida
- Las Vegas and Reno, Nevada, metropolitan areas
- Detroit, Michigan, metropolitan area
- Chicago, Illinois, metropolitan area
- Denver, Colorado, metropolitan area and Fort Collins, Colorado
- Minneapolis/St. Paul, Minnesota, metropolitan area
- Seattle, Washington, metropolitan area, and
- Boise, Idaho, metropolitan area
The Company continues to explore additional geographic areas for expansion.
How many years has Toll Brothers operated in its various states?
The following table lists the states in which the Company operates and the fiscal years in which the Company commenced operations:
State Fiscal Year of Entry Pennsylvania 1967 New Jersey 1982 Delaware 1987 Massachusetts 1988 Maryland 1988 Virginia 1992 Connecticut 1992 New York 1993 California 1994 North Carolina 1994 Texas 1995 Florida 1995 Arizona 1995 Nevada 1998 Illinois 1998 Michigan 1999 Colorado 2001 Minnesota 2005 Washington 2012 Idaho 2017
What companies has Toll Brothers acquired?
Toll Brothers has made nine acquisitions: Geoffrey H. Edmunds in Scottsdale, Arizona (1995), Coleman Homes' Las Vegas Division (1998), Silverman Homes in metro Detroit (1999), Richard R. Dostie (2003) and The Manhattan Building Company (2003) in northern New Jersey, the central Florida Division of Landstar Homes (2005), CamWest Development LLC in Seattle, Washington (2011), Shapell Industries, Inc. in California (2014), and Coleman Homes in Boise, Idaho (2016).
Who is Toll Brothers' registered public accounting firm?
Toll Brothers' independent registered public accounting firm is Ernst & Young LLP (Philadelphia, Pennsylvania).
What public debt does Toll Brothers have outstanding?
$288,000,000 of exchangeable senior notes at 0.5% callable September 2017*.
$400,000,000 of senior notes at 8.91% due October 2017.
$350,000,000 of senior notes at 4.00% due December 2018.
$250,000,000 of senior notes at 6.75% due November 2019.
$420,000,000 of senior notes at 5.875% due February 2022.
$400,000,000 of senior notes at 4.375% due April 2023.
$250,000,000 of senior notes at 5.625% due January 2024.
$350,000,000 of senior notes at 4.875% due November 2025.
$300,000,000 of senior notes at 4.875% due March 2027.
Who is the trustee on these notes?
The Bank of New York Mellon
227 W. Monroe Street
Chicago, IL 60606